Hier finden Sie Ausschreibungen für Stellen, Forschungsstipendien und Preise sowie Aufrufe zur Einreichung von Konferenzbeiträgen.
KWI International Fellowships
Call for applications
Fellowships for the duration of 6 months from 1st of April 2022 until 30th of September 2022.
The Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities (KWI) in Essen is an interdisciplinary research institute for the humanities and social sciences in the tradition of institutes for advanced study. Located in the Ruhr Area, the KWI offers a space for independent and innovative research in the humanities and various opportunities to engage and include the public. Currently, research at the KWI focusses on the following areas: literary and cultural sociology, cultural science studies, science communication and public humanities. Further projects are concerned with cultures of communication and political participation. It is one of the main goals of the KWI to find new ways of linking research questions, concepts, methods and theories of philology, cultural studies and the social sciences. We are dedicated to pursuing our interdisciplinary agenda through international collaboration. An important contribution to our scholarly and political work comes from the Academy in Exile, offering research space to colleagues whose academic freedom is threatened.
The KWI Fellowship Programme addresses excellent researchers from the humanities, cultural studies, and the social sciences. The institute provides fellows with modern infrastructure, office space, technical support and offers a library service, event and research management as well as support in all administrative and communicative regards.
We are inviting research fellows with a completed PhD plus up to six years of post-doctoral experience. The fellowships can be offered to applicants in all disciplines represented in the current KWI research agenda. The KWI International Fellowship Programme addresses international researchers. Researchers of German nationality are eligible to apply if currently employed at an international institute.
Fellows will receive a fellowship contract (not a full-employment contract) and a monthly allowance of 4.000 € (pre-tax) meant to cover rent, insurances and living expenses. Travel expenses for arrival at the KWI and for departure after the fellowship can be partially reimbursed.
- The fellowship should be dedicated to research linked to the programmatic agenda of the KWI. Various project formats are possible: You might devote your time in Essen to finishing a book or a special issue, to finalizing a research proposal or setting up a research group. We also welcome plans to establish or substantiate collaborations with the universities of the Ruhr Alliance.
- We expect the fellows to be present at least 4 days a week.
- Fellows are requested to actively take part in lectures, conferences, reading groups and other academic events at the KWI.
- We expect our international fellows to contribute to our KWI Blog.
- Fellows are not expected to teach, but always welcome to participate in lecture series and seminars at surrounding universities.
- Publications deriving from the time of residence should mention the KWI.
- German is not required
- We kindly ask you to apply in the form of one single PDF-file (max. 20 MB) which must be submitted electronically to email@example.com with the subject line “KWI International Fellowships”. Please note that, due to IT safety regulations, we cannot accept applications via links to external platforms.
- The application must be formulated in English and must contain a CV, a list of publications and a proposal sketching your KWI project (up to max 5.000 characters).
- The application deadline is July 31st, 2021, 24:00 h (CET). Incomplete or late submitted applications cannot be considered.
- The fellows will be selected by a committee assembling members of the KWI governing board and the institute’s director.
- Further information about the application process can be found in the FAQs
Call for Papers: