- Ph.D., Social Anthropology, Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, France
Thesis: Internal violence across time and space: Revisiting the Kurdish conflicts in Turkey at the local level (From 19th century to the war of the 1990s)
- M.A., Sociology, Selçuk University, Turkey
- July 2021 – March 2022: Visiting scholar at University of Cambridge
- March 2019 – July 2021: Postdoctoral researcher in the project RUSKURD (ANR-18-CE41-0009) at Science Po (Lille, France)
- 2018 – 2020: Research project assistant for “Social Movement Learning and Knowledge Production in the Struggle for Peace with Social Justice: Case Studies from Four Conflict-Affected Contexts” (ESRC Grant No: ES/R00403X/1), under the supervision of Prof. Mario Novelli at University of Sussex (Turkey).
- 2017 – 2018: Research project assistant for “Collective Violence against Minorities across Time and Space: From the Armenian Genocide to Kurdish Massacres in the Turkish Republic”, under the supervision of Prof. Fatma Müge Göçek at University of Michigan (Turkey).
- September 2016 – March 2017: Visiting Researcher at the University of Michigan (US).
- 2013 – 2014: Research project assistant for “1915, Kurds and Diyarbekir”, with the collaboration of İsmail Beşikci Foundation (Diyarbakir, Turkey).
- 2010 – 2012: Research project assistant for “Young people Speak Out: The Contribution of Oral History to Facing the Past, Reconciliation and Democratization in Turkey” under the supervision of Prof. Leyla Neyzi at Sabancı University (Diyarbakir and Mugla, Turkey).
- Politicial violence
- Intra-Kurdish conflicts
- Collective memories of the Armenian genocide
- Memory studies
- • Adnan Çelik, Dans l’ombre de l’État : Kurdes contre Kurdes. Une anthropologie historique des conflits intra-kurdes au Kurdistan de Turquie in the collection of « Miroir de l’Orient Musulman» of Brepols Publishers, 2022
- • Adnan Çelik and Namık Kemal Dinç, La Malédiction. Le génocide des Arméniens dans la mémoire des Kurdes de Diyarbekir [The Curse. The Armenian Genocide in the memory of the Kurds of Diyarbekir], translated from Turkish by Ali Terzioğlu and Jocelyne Burkmann (Prefaced by Etienne Copeaux), Éditions Le Harmattan, Paris, 2021
- Adnan Çelik, « Keep your mouth shut during the day and keep your door shut at night » : Intra-Kurdish Violence during the “years of fire”: the case of Hizbullah in Turkey, Kurdish Studies Journal, vol. 9, no 1, May 2021.
- Adnan Çelik and Béatrice Garapon, “From Tribal Chiefs to Marxist Activists: Kurdistan from 1946 to 1975” in The Cambridge History of the Kurds, Edited by H. Bozarslan, C. Gunes and V. Yadirgi, Cambridge University Press, 2021
- Adnan Çelik, “Challenging state borders: Smuggling as Kurdish infra-politics during „the years of silence”” in Kurds in Turkey: Ethnographies of Heterogeneous Experiences, edited by Lucie Drechselová and Adnan Çelik, Lexington Books, London, pp. 159-184, 2019